Discover the confidence that comes with your best smile. Call to set up an appointment today!
Some people avoid going to the dentist because of fear and anxiety. Anxiety about going to the dentist is a common experience that can keep people from getting dental care until problems make it necessary. Sedation dentistry can help you to relax during dental procedures so you can get the regular dental care that you need. With sedation people often feel like their procedures only took a few minutes.
We offer sedation dentistry here at Platinum Dental Care in Lehi. If you believe sedation dentistry can help you, call us or click the link below to set up an appointment that includes sedation today.
How does sedation work?
There are different types of sedation depending on individual needs. All of them are safe and used frequently for our patients.
- Laughing gas is probably the most common type of sedation. It is a gas that is inhaled just before the procedure. It works quickly and doesn’t put you to sleep, it just helps you to feel less anxious.
- Oral sedation comes in the form of a pill or liquid that is often prescribed and taken before your appointment. Like laughing gas, it doesn’t put you to sleep. You just feel less nervous.
- IV sedation is different in that you don’t remember the procedure when you’re done; You feel like you slept right through it. This is often used for surgery or more invasive procedures, or for patients with high anxiety or difficulty holding still.
If you’ve been putting off your dental care due to anxiety, know that our compassionate team will ensure a safe and comfortable experience for you. Call to set up an appointment today.
People use sedation dentistry for different reasons, including:
- Lengthy procedures
- Unable to hold still
- Fear of needles
- Powerful gag reflex
- Low pain threshold
- Unusually sensitive teeth
- Recurring anxiety about going to the dentist
Don’t let your anxiety keep you from a beautiful smile. We can help. Call for an appointment today!