Platinum Dental Care in Lehi TMJ Treatment
Discover the confidence that comes with your best smile. Call to set up an appointment today!
Long-Lasting Lehi TMJ Treatment
The term TMJ stands for Temporomandibular Joint Dysfunction and refers to problems with the hinge that connects your jaw to your skull and the muscles in your face that control it. TMJ is very common and can cause various problems such as:
- Pain or tenderness in your jaw area
- Jaws that get stuck either opened or closed
- Inability to open your mouth widely
- Clicking or popping sounds in your jaw when you talk or chew
- A tired feeling in your jaw muscles
- Headaches and neck and shoulder pain that radiates from the jaw area
At Platinum Dental Care in Lehi we can help you resolve this common problem. Call us today for an appointment.
What treatments are there for TMJ?
The good news is that TMJ can be successfully treated through the use of mouth guards which are worn during sleep to reduce grinding, learning relaxation and massage techniques, or using medication. At Platinum Dental Care in Lehi we can help you find the best treatment for your individual TMJ issues.
Some of the common causes of TMJ are:
- Grinding your teeth, which often occurs during sleep
- Clenching your jaw in response to stress
- Jaw injury
- Misalignment of teeth
Schedule your appointment at Platinum Dental Care today!